The Cuyama Jacket in Cola Leather
This Workshop Product was fully funded, we are currently in the process of manufacturing. If you would like to receive an email notification when stock arrives then please select your size and sign up below…
Estimated Shipping: 12/2 – 12/22
Keep your eyes on the future without losing sight of the past; it’s a model that’s worked well for us over the years, and one that informs The Cuyama Jacket down to the last stitch. Our lead designer, Nick Kemp, was inspired by a deep dive into the unsorted stock of a local vintage shop’s backroom, where he stumbled upon a gorgeous, well-loved leather jacket with detailing he’d never seen before, including a belted waist and uniquely shaped welt front pockets. He knew a one-of-a-kind garment like this deserved a life beyond the dusty old stockroom, so he decided to use it as a jumping-off point for this heirloom jacket. This isn’t just a simple recreation though—thoughtful updates are everywhere, including beautiful natural dark horn corozo buttons (complete with contrast reinforcement buttons), a cotton twill liner for added insulation, and corduroy detailing throughout. The Cuyama Jacket draws its inspiration from the past, but because it’s a Taylor Stitch piece, you can rest assured that it’ll live on well into the future.
This gorgeous 4-oz cowhide leather features a light brown pull-up that will emerge over time as it conforms to your shape. Beautiful right off the bat, and better with every single wear. Cotton twill lining throughout gives The Cuyama Jacket some extra heft, while natural horn corozo buttons and zig-zag collar stitching imbue this timeless garment with a distinctive character all its own.
You won’t get cold. Guaranteed.
- 4-oz. Cowhide leather.
- Tea-core leather that will age beautifully over time revealing a lighter brown underneath.
- Cotton twill lining in body with acetate sleeve lining.
- Wide wale corduroy detailing on under collar, inside pocket flaps and inside cuffs.
- 3" collar with hidden collar stay snaps.
- Two reinforced double welted side entry pockets with pockets flaps and hidden snaps.
- Interior leather trimmed chest welt pocket.
- Dark horn natural corozo buttons, back with white natural corozo buttons for reinforcement.
- Dry clean only by leather professionals.
- Made in Turkey.
By purchasing this product, you’re participating in a crowd funding campaign. Please check the estimated shipping range above.